Thursday 16 August 2012

This and That!

Thanks to misslaceyloves.blogspot.co.uk who tagged me in her most recent post. It's amazing how different everyones product preferences are!
Blush or Bronzer? Blush! Unfortunately I have THAT complexion that ,without the aid of a little colour to the apples of my cheeks, can only be described as ghostly (or do I mean ghastly?!) 
Lipgloss or Lipstick? Lipstick, hands down! I have far many than I know what to do with and am a sucker for Chanel!
Chapstick or Lip Butter? I'd have to say somewhere in the middle, Burt's Bees Pomegranate Lip Balm has rectified my chapped lip issue. 
Matte or Sparkle Eye Shadow? I do like a little shimmer in my eyeshadow but try to keep the colours to neutral shades if they have a high shimmer content.
Eyeliner or Mascara? MASCARA. I have worn it religiously since I was about 11 and will not be seen without it! And mascara can be easily used on any eye colour or shape and look fantastic...eyeliner is slightly more tricky!
Gel, Liquid, Cream, or Pencil Eyeliner? Overall, gel eyeliner is for me applied with an angled brush.  However, keeping a simple kohl pencil in your handbag can tranform a simple daytime look.
Foundation or Concealer? Concealer, named my 'magic stick' by my boyfriend as it is constantly in my presence! I keep one in every handbag, my car...everywhere.  Being cursed with bad skin as a teenager meant I relied heavily on concealer as I can't stand caked foundation!
Liquid or Powder Foundation? Liquid, I think it's easier to apply and you can build up coverage. It is also handy as you can mix liquid foundations without much hardship which is great if like many people you are inbetween shades!
Neutral or Statement Eyes? Tough one. I used to be a smoky eye patron but over recent months have chosen to try a very neutral face during the day and add a pop of colour on the lips for evenings. However, when it comes to playing around with make-up...eyes are the best feature to work with.
Pressed or Loose Shadows? Pressed, much less messy and you don't have so much fall out over your cheeks.
Waterproof or Non Water proof? Non waterproof for me.  Especially when it comes to mascaras, I find they tend to be 'gloopier' (technical term!) and can be built up more effectively.
Brushes, Sponges or Fingers? For bases, fingers. Blushes and powders, brushes.  Eyes definitely brushes, it's all about the blending!
Powder, Cream, or Liquid Highlighter? At the moment, powder. Sleek's Contour Kit has proven to be cheap and a surprisingly nice product.  However, I am on the lookout for a good cream highlighter if anyone has any suggestions?
I'd love to hear what some of your stand out products are!

Kathryn x

No comments:

Post a Comment